cheat sheet for exhibition success
You’ve made the decision to market your business face-to-face to thousands of brides and grooms for the weekend at The Wedding Expo. Here are the essential Do’s and Don’ts that can determine a successful event experience.
- Do ensure your stand is FABULOUS; make a brand impact – it takes less than four seconds to attract your audience’s attention. It goes without saying that the best stand design will determine the success of the event. Use inspiring props and decor, offer visitors an interactive experience - whether it’s tasting bubbles or wedding cakes, or demonstrating hair and make-up trends.
- Do smile, be open and welcoming; brides (and their mothers) will be naturally attracted to your enthusiasm, warmth and energy. Make eye contact with them and don’t wait for them to come to you - say hello and invite them into your stand.
- Do make yourself visible on your stand; don’t hide away in the corner with your arms crossed or sit behind a table that creates a “don’t come near me” vibe. Stand in front and meet as many potential clients as possible.
- Do make sure that you have the right staff working on your stand; this can be the “kiss of death” at any exhibition. If your staff don’t know your services, products and prices, and are unable to speak at ease to potential customers – you’re likely to lose them.
- Do promote any specials, competitions and giveaways; all three will attract brides and grooms to find out more about you, and you’ll create an instant database of names from the competition entries. Hand out business cards and discount coupons for online or early-bird bookings.
- Do use social media tools throughout the exhibition (pre, during and post) to advertise that you’ll be there; Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter are the most popular and effective ways to let your audience know about the expo. Share videos and posts, show activities and live events taking place at the exhibition and remember to tag all the relevant people for more organic reach.
- Do collect data; lead generation is ultimately why you’re are participating. The Wedding Expo is renowned for its excellent lead generation tool called Necta. Click here for more details.
- Meet and make contact with all the other exhibitors; this is an excellent platform for industry networking and you may form a partnership or collaboration with other companies. If nothing else, it’s a great way to be social!
- Enjoy yourself; exhibitions can be extremely tiring so ensure that you are able to take a few short breaks during the show.
- Don’t forget, this is all about lead generation; download Necta today.
- Don’t arrive late or leave early; brides are early birds at exhibitions and with no one on your stand to welcome them, it leaves the door wide open for your competitors to lure them onto their stands.
- Don’t dismantle your stand on the last day before the official closing time; it’s disrespectful to your fellow exhibitors and to the brides and grooms that have paid to come. It really gives them a clear message of “I don’t care about you”.
- Don’t eat at your stand; there is nothing more unappealing that trying to get information from a sales person with a mouth full of food. Take a short lunch break (in the Do’s list!).
- Don’t ambush potential customers; you’re trying to build a relationship and not scare the living daylights out of a bridal couple.
- Don’t waste time trying to win over a bride who is clearly not interested from the outset; there are thousands of brides and grooms that come through a bridal exhibition and you only have a limited number of hours in which to make contact with as many of them as possible. Move on!
- Don’t ever discuss your competitors in a negative manner or criticise their stands; not only do you risk losing your credibility and a potential client, but it’s far more effective to focus on your own strengths and attributes.
- Don’t forget to have fun and follow up your leads. IMMEDIATELY.
The Wedding Expo is delighted to have formed an association with Espousal Online South Africa, to bring a new, state-of-the-art 3D digital platform.Read More →